For Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Nurses and Other Allied Health Professionals
Time Commitment: 6 consecutive 2-hour weekly online sessions, including at least one case presentation, with supervision.
** You are paying a non-refundable $100 deposit to hold a space for you in the class. Your balance of $599 is due by the first class. **
Level 2 delves more deeply into understanding and managing insomnia, the most prevalent of all sleep disorders.
SMC 1 graduates extend their knowledge of basic sleep management approaches like good sleep hygiene, to implementing cognitive behavioral strategies designed to treat chronic insomnia cases.
An integral component of advanced insomnia management, BioBehavioral techniques are taught to facilitate long-term changes in sleep patterns, decrease internal hyperarousal and increase adherence to beneficial behaviors for chronic insomniacs.
Additionally, this level provides instruction for improving compliance with treatment devices prescribed for sleep apnea clients, reducing anxiety associated with other sleep disorders, and follow-up management of all sleep clients.
Three case studies are required to be presented for supervision and completion of this level.
Who should take Level 2 Certification?
- Full-time practitioners who regularly manage clients, many presenting with sleep issues.
- Part-time practitioners who want to expand their offerings and focus on insomnia and/or stress management.
- Healthcare providers who want to understand how sleep interacts with healing systems, or offer biobehavioral stress management tools and techniques to their clients.
- Coaches, trainers and any professionals who want an understanding of how optimal sleep underlies optimal performance and offer biobehavioral stress management tools and techniques to foster sleep.
- Those who have completed Level I